The objective of the Blackjack casino game is that you want to have a hand as close as possible to 21. Ideally 21 from first dealing = Blackjack. In general, if you are closer to score 21 than a dealer, you win.
Lets break it down a bit. There are 3 ways how to win blackjack:
- You have a hand value that is higher than the dealer’s card but not higher than 21.
- The dealer has a hand value that exceeds 21 and your hand is still equal or lower than 21.
- You have a hand value of 21 straight from the first dealing = Blackjack.
Blackjack is a game of chance, but you can win much more if you will follow blackjack basic strategy. But before you can apply basic strategy you should learn Blackjack Online basics found in this article. Keep reading.
How to play Blackjack
Your first step in winning big in Blackjack and knowing how to play this game is to learn the value of playing cards. These cards have constant values throughout the Blackjack game online, including numbers, face cards, and aces.
Number cards: have values on the card; face cards have a value of 10; and aces are either 1 or 11. If you land an ace and a face card, you will have a Blackjack and if the dealer has no blackjack you win 1.5x + your original bet.
The second step is knowing what your choices are, depending on the situation you find yourself in. Only make a choice that would benefit you best. You can hit, stand, insure your bet, double down, split, surrender and in LIVE Blackjack even cashout.
Understand what card combination you need to have to win. You must be close to 21 or have a hand value of 21 but never exceed 21 to win. You bust when you go over 21.
You and players will have to make a decision and the dealer acts last when everybody already made their decisions.
3 Easy Steps to Start Playing the Blackjack Game Online
There are 3 essential steps when you want to play Blackjack online in an Arabic country:
- Pick from trustable casinos on our website and click on the button – “Play Now.”
- Register your playing account.
- Make a deposit in online casino and play Blackjack.
The Process of the Blackjack Game
All Blackjack games online follow the same process. First, a croupier is in charge, keeping everyone in check; sometimes, there are other players on table when playing LIVE Blackjack. Below is a standard process in 4 points of a Blackjack casino game:
- Players place bets by putting down their chips which has real money value. Bets can be closed only within maximum and minimum table limits. In online casinos limits are much higher compared to brick-and-mortal casinos.
- A blackjack dealer will deal cards to every player and also will get own 2 playings card. One is hidden and one is visible.
- Now you have to decide what will do you. You can also insure your bet with 1/2 extra of your original main bet but the dealer’s first card must be an Ace. With this, you will get your money back if the dealer has a Blackjack, so A and face card or 10.
- After the possible insurance situation you must choose to hit, stand, split, double down, or you can also cashout. You can take more cards after hitting, splitting (except Aces) but not after double down. Not sure about what to do? Always follow Blackjack basic strategy no matter how are you feelings.
- After your decisions are over now you can only hope your cards total value will be higher than the dealer’s, not more than 21, or equal to 21. If so, it is your payday.
38 Basic Terms of the Blackjack Casino Game
The various terms associated with Blackjack include the following:
- Ace Poor or Rich – a situation where a dealer deals less or more Ace cards than expected.
- Anchorman – the last player who made a move before the dealer did.
- Bankroll – the budget you had set aside for a particular game round.
- Box – players’ personal spaces comprising cards and chips at the table.
- Burn card – the card on top of the deck after shuffling, which the dealer removes.
- Bust or break – when your hand exceeds a total of 21, resulting in an automatic loss.
- Buy-in – simply the players’ first bets.
- Chipping down or up – when a player bets lower or higher than the amount from the previous game round.
- Color up – exchanging low-value chips for a high-value chip.
- Cut – the splitting in half of the deck after shuffling.
- DAS or NDAS – Double after Split or No Double After Split.
- Double down – doubling a bet but invariably canceling the chance of a hit.
- Double exposure – a Blackjack game online with the dealers’ two cards faces up; there will be no insurance or surrender.
- Even money – a reward for having a Blackjack hand, thus leading to a 1-to-1 payout if you do not want to risk that a dealer will have Blackjack.
- Five-card Charlie – a Blackjack hand with five cards less than 21.
- Hard hand – a Blackjack hand with no Ace.
- Heads up – a game between the croupier and one player, just like in most online casinos.
- Hit – open to receiving an additional card if you feel your card at hand can not beat the dealer.
- Hit 17 – a rule that states a player must hit when they have 17 at hand.
- Hole card – the card with the face down.
- House edge – the casino’s advantage over a player.
- Insurance – a side bet is only possible if the dealer’s up card is an Ace, which allows you to play a side bet and secure your stake if a dealer has blackjack.
- Multi-deck – using up to eight decks of cards to stop players from having the chance to count cards.
- Natural Blackjack – a combination of an Ace and a 10-value card on first dealings.
- NRSA and RSA -No Resplitting Aces and Resplitting Aces; you would land more Blackjacks potential if you split your Aces.
- Paint – a player who needs a face card for more points.
- Pair – two cards at hand with the same value.
- Pat hand – a player hand with a total between 17 and 21, leaving the player no reason to hit.
- Push – when a dealer and a player hits a draw.
- Side bet – special bet with main bet, where you can win on a straight, flash, pair or three of kind.
- Soft double – when a player doubles a hand with an Ace.
- Soft hand – when a player’s hand has an Ace and it has two values.
- Split – Having a pair of cards and being able to split them while asking the dealer for cards to complete the two hands.
- Stand – when a player decides not to take more cards.
- Stand 17 – a compulsory rule that causes players to stand when they have a hand value of 17 or more.
- Stand-off – having the same hand value as the dealer.
- Stiff – being very close to 21 and cannot risk a hit.
- Surrender – giving in by forfeiting half of your bet while getting the other back.
Online Blackjack Pros and Cons
Indeed, there are substantial advantages to playing Blackjack in online casinos.
The pros of the game include:
- Ease and convenience of playing blackjack on iPhone, Android or your laptop.
- You can get a welcome bonus, which you can use to play an online Blackjack game.
- You can decide to play online blackjack on computer, iPhone or Android mobile phone.
- No time limit is attached to RNG electronic (slot) Blackjack games, so you can take your time while playing.
The cons or minuses include the following:
- Sometimes, the wagering requirement contribution on bonuses for playing Blackjack games is very low compared to slots, so it can take longer to cashout your bonus funds.
- You should know how to play Blackjack before placing any bet (it is not so simple like slots). Ideally apply all our tips and tricks in Blackjack.
- Bad players on low stake tables often make mistakes, so if you play with them your chance of winning can be lower.
More about Blackjack game
One of the advantages that Blackjack possesses over other online casino games in its category is the ease of learning its rules. When you play Blackjack online, your goal is to achieve a hand that is better than that of the dealer or house. How so?
The answer to this question tells us why players also refer to the game as “21.” There should be at least two players and a maximum of 7 during playing. The other players nominate one player as the dealer; in this case, the casino or house becomes the dealer.
The dealer then deals cards from 1-8 decks of cards combined. To win, the number on your card must be higher than that of the dealer while not exceeding 21.
If you hit 21 at once, you automatically win the game, unless the dealer has also 21 at once. Here is something extra what you need to know:
- the dealer or casino must shuffle the cards first;
- afterward, the dealer must deal himself two cards, as well as everyone else;
- one of the dealer’s cards must face up and the other down;
- the players’ cards must all face up;
- at this point, individual players can choose to “hit” or “stand“ or “cashout/surrender”;
- if you hit, you receive an additional card;
- if you stand, it means you are satisfied with your cards;
- eventually, when it is time to call, you must have a total number exceeding that of the dealer while not exceeding 21;
- if you land an unlimited number of 21, you will automatically be the winner, provided the dealer does not have 21 at hand;
- if you exceed 21, you lose, as the game sees you have gone “bust.”
- The most important step of all is to know when to walk away.
Possible Situations in a Blackjack Game
There are certain situations you may find yourself in when playing, and some of them include:
- Bust or break: in this situation, you already have a hand value over 21, so you lose;
- Double down: with this decision you double your bet, which results taking only card and automatically stand after that.
- Five-card Charlie: this would be a name for you if you hold five cards with a hand value less than 21.
- Hard hand: a situation whereby you have a hand with no Ace card.
- Heads up: describes most RNG online blackjack gaming sessions between you and the dealer, which in this case is the computer.
- Hit: this is what you call when you want one card to push your hand value toward 21.
- Hit 17: a situation where you must call a Hit while having a hand value of 17.
- Insurance: a situation whereby a dealer has an Ace card, thus leaving you the chance to secure your stake if the dealer has a blackjack.
- Multi-deck: dealer uses up to eight decks of cards to prevent players from counting the cards.
- Natural Blackjack: a situation where you get an Ace and a 10-value card on the first dealing.
- Pair: this is when you have two cards with the same value.
- Stand: at this point; you do not want any more cards.
- Stand 17: a situation where you have a 17-hand value and cannot call a hit.
- Push: a situation whereby you have the same hand value as the dealer.
- Split: this is a situation whereby you get a pair from the initial dealing, thus giving the player a chance to split the two cards.
Blackjack Casino Game and the Basic Strategy
The picture above describes what you should do based on specific odds and probabilities attributed to different combinations of your cards and the dealer’s up card. It is called Basic Blackjack Strategy and it is popular between good blackjack players. Instead of counting cards, the basic strategy may serve you to increase your chances of winning when playing online Blackjack in Arabic countries.
Our experts revealed that the best and lasting strategy for Blackjack is to follow this basic strategy. This basic strategy is based on pure mathematics, and experts have proven that this strategy brings the house advantage down from 2% to 0.5%.
In addition to the basic winning strategy, you must manage your bankroll effectively because the house or the dealer usually has the advantage over you.
You need to strategically understand how the house rules affect your play in a Blackjack casino game. If you play online, usually the dealer stands on 17 or more (even soft 17). Also, casinos have different rules on insurance, splitting, and doubling down.
A winning tip you should remember is always to split Aces and 8s. There is almost always a better chance of making a winning hand. You can also place bets on sidebets, so Perfect Pair and 21 + 3.
Another thing is to learn to hold your nerves, when you are loosing and still playing good (you rely on math) but you are just not lucky for some time.
Counting cards on Blackjack Online
Another strategy you can adopt is counting cards, although online casinos are working actively to reduce the chances of being able to do this by adopting more than one deck and up to eight decks of cards.
You are not necessarily counting the number of cards but taking note of what value of cards are left in the deck, specifically the aces and 10s. If the distributed hands do not have a lot of 10s and aces, you can call a hit since there is a better chance for a good hand.
It is almost impossible to count cards online, so we suggest to follow the basic strategy to have the highest chance of winning.
Blackjack Online Casino Games
You can enjoy a Blackjack casino game at most online casinos and play to win serious amount of money.
There are always numerous variants to this game under the table game category. Several top-tier software providers are in the business of supplying these games to online casinos. Popular blackjack casino games providers are:
- Pragmatic Play
- Evolution Gaming
- Play’n Go
Here are TOP 5 Blackjack online casino games that are popular and played by gamblers across the world:
- European Blackjack
- Vegas Strip Blackjack
- Atlantic City Blackjack
- Double Exposure Blackjack
- Multi-Hand Blackjack
The Live Online Blackjack Game with a Live Dealer
Play Blackjack online in the LIVE section of casinos and enjoy the thrill of gambling in a land-based casino hall. A live dealer runs these games straight from casino studios. The following are 2 major suppliers of live Blackjack games:
- Evolution Gaming.
- Pragmatic Play.
These live titles from Evolution Gaming often come with features like side bets 21+3 and Perfect Pair. Also, the live session is in HD, live from the casino studio. The dealers are friendly in the field and are bound to command these sessions superbly.
TOP LIVE Blackjack games include:
- Live Blackjack.
- Speed Blackjack.
- Lightning Blackjack.
- VIP Blackjack.
- Power Blackjack.
Electronic (slot) Blackjack
You can also refer to this class as Video Blackjack. These games typically comprise one deck, which the machine shuffles automatically after each hand. Every outcome is randomly generated with RNG. This version can be also played as free blackjack game in demo version. Although you can win real money, so always play with real cash.
Mobile Blackjack in Arab World
Online gambling in Arab countries has gone beyond a step forward in the last few years, and the most significant action was moving their games onto the mobile stage. You can now play Blackjack online on your smartphone, so blackjack iPhone and blackjack Android from your comfort zone with VPN Online. Additionally, online casinos now have mobile applications you can download and use accordingly.
Frequently Asked Question About Online Blackjack
How can I start playing Blackjack online?
Register on an online casino by considering the factors mentioned in our review and start playing free blackjack game, with real money and with a bonus, or just with your first deposit.
Is it possible to win in online Blackjack?
Yes. By strategically planning your decisions, you will have a chance to win or you can just gamble but mathematically you have a lower chance to win.
Do I need skills to win in a Blackjack game?
Yes. Learning how to play Blackjack by choosing the free RNG games would be best. In the course of learning, you must learn specific rules and possible situations you may find yourself in, and in doing so, you shall keep building your skills until you become an experienced player.
What is card counting in an online Blackjack game?
Players use this strategy to determine who has an advantage when playing. When counting, players notice the high and low-value cards already dealt.
Is it possible to count cards correctly online when playing Blackjack online?
Counting Blackjack cards is possible to a certain extent, and this has caused casinos to start adopting multi-decks of up to eight decks to prevent counting and also adding cutting cards.
What is the basic rule of Blackjack?
The dealer deals two cards to make a hand for you. Your hand value must be close to 21 but never above 21, or else you are out.
How do I know when to hit or stand when playing Blackjack online?
It may be challenging to know when to hit or stand. With constant play, you get to be experienced in this game and start to play using various strategies. You will then be able to decide whether to hit or stand based on the cards you have.
What does it mean to split in online Blackjack?
When the dealer hands you two cards of the same value, you can split these cards into two and ask for more cards to complete the two hands.
What are the values of cards in a Blackjack game?
There are the number cards, with their values from one to nine. There are face cards with a value of 10. Then there are ace cards with a value of 1 or 11, depending on which suits you best.