There are various types of card games that people can play in online casinos. One that’s very popular is the LIVE Blackjack. It is a game where players get to feel the experience of a land-based casino from the comfort of their homes. The game is streamed from a studio or a land-based casino and is hosted by a real dealer.
Just like any Blackjack game, the goal of LIVE Blackjack is to build a hand that is higher than the real dealer’s hand without exceeding the total value of 21.
There are different variations of the online LIVE Blackjack and they are provided by top software providers. In this article, we will look at all you need to know about playing LIVE Blackjack in an online casino.
Table of Contents
Steps to Start Playing LIVE Blackjack Online
Before we dive into the game properly, you will need an online casino account to enjoy Blackjack with a real dealer online. This will take only a few minutes and can be completed in 3 easy steps.
- Find a Reliable Casino: Finding a reliable casino is very easy. All you need is to ensure the casino has a gaming license, provides good customer support, and has LIVE Blackjack available. We have a list of online casinos that you can trust.
- Register an Account: Once you have found an online casino, you need to register an account with them. To register, visit the casino website, click on Register or Sign Up, provide the necessary details and you can start playing. You can also check our registration guides.
- Play LIVE Blackjack: After registering your account, go to the casino lobby, click the Live Casino games, select the LIVE Blackjack game of your choice, and start playing immediately.
The Objective of LIVE Blackjack
The objective of the online LIVE Blackjack is to beat the live dealer’s hand by achieving a hand that is close to but not exceeding 21. In LIVE Blackjack with a real dealer, you compete against the real dealer and not the other players. If your hand exceeds 21, you automatically lose the game, regardless of what the dealer’s hand is. It is important to know how cards are dealt, the card values, and the important terms used in the game. Check our article Online Blackjack in 2023 to learn more.
During the game, you are dealt 2 face-up cards, while the dealer is dealt one face-up(Up card) and one face-down card(Hole card). Based on the strength of your initial hand and the assessment of the dealer’s face-up card, you’ll make decisions to improve your hand.
The value of the cards in the LIVE Blackjack are as follows: all numbered cards have their face values. Face cards (King, Queen, and Jack) are worth 10. The Ace can be worth either 1 or 11, depending on what is more advantageous for the hand.
Important Terms Used in LIVE Blackjack
|Blackjack||This is the best possible hand in the game, it usually consists of an ace and a 10-value card.|
|Hit||This means increasing the value of your hand by requesting another card from the dealer.|
|Stand||Decline any card and stick with your current hand value.|
|Double Down||This means to double your initial bet and receive an additional card, after this, you must stand.|
|Split||If your two initial cards have the same value, you can split them into 2 separate hands. Then you place an additional bet equal to the original and play each hand separately.|
|Surrender||To surrender means to give up your hand. And in doing so, you forfeit half of your bet.|
|Insurance||This is a side bet that you can make if the face-up card of the dealer is an Ace. If the dealer has a Blackjack, you win the insurance bet. If not, you lose.|
|Push||This is a tie between your hand and that of the dealer.|
|Bust||This is when your total is more than 21. Bust means that you have lost the bet.|
|Up Card||This is the first card that the dealer keeps facing up.|
|Hole Card||This is the second card that the dealer keeps facing down.|
How to Play LIVE Blackjack
Now that you know the basic rules and terms used in the game, you are ready to play Blackjack with a real dealer. After choosing the LIVE casino game from the casino lobby, here is a step-by-step guide on how to play LIVE Blackjack with a real dealer:
- Choose a table that has open seats and is not full. After doing that, you will see the LIVE video of the dealer and a real Blackjack table on your screen.
- The next is to choose a table that has free seats. If you will play on classic and VIP tables from Evolution Gaming, you can open maximum 4 seats. So you can play 4 hands in one game. On tables from Pragmatic Play it is more or less same (they will not allow you to open all 7 spots). If you will play in Private table then it is possible to open all 7 seats. After choosing how many hands you want to play, select the chip value you want to bet with and click on the corresponding spot to place your wager. You can also play side bets 21+3 and Perfect Pair.
- Receive your hand of two cards from the dealer. Access your hand and make the decision that suits you best. You can Hit, Stand, Double Down, Split or on tables from Evolution Gaming you can also Cashout. To make the best decision we suggest to follow Blackjack basic strategy.
- If there are other players at the table and they sit closer to the shoe (plastic holder with cards), you have to wait for them to make their decisions.
- When all players have made their decisions, the dealer plays their hand.
- If your hand is more than the dealer’s hand and does not exceed 21, you win. Else, the dealer wins. But if the game ends in a tie (same value of your cards and dealer’s cards), your bet is returned.
- You can now choose to repeat the bet, double up your bet, add chips to your betting spot, wait for the next round and stay at the table or leave the table.
LIVE Blackjack Variations
When you play in the LIVE Casino, you will find different types of LIVE Blackjack. There are some important things to consider before choosing the best variant for you. These things include:
- Betting limits = minimum bet and maximum bet.
- Design = you can play in different ambiences (gold, modern, trendy and more)
- Privacy = it is possible to play privately and with 7 hands only on private tables. For example Salon Prive from Evolution Gaming.
In this section, we will look at the popular types of online Blackjack with a real dealer.
Classic LIVE Blackjack
Classic Blackjack is the most popular variation of LIVE Blackjack. It is also called Traditional Blackjack or Standard Blackjack. It follows the basic rules of the game where the aim is to achieve a hand that is more than that of the dealer but not more than 21.
Speed LIVE Blackjack
This is a faster-paced variation of LIVE Blackjack. Cards are dealt based on players’ decision speed. So, if you are faster you will get an additional card first. If you are a player that believes speed is connected with your luck this is a great option for you. All other rules remain the same as in the classic blackjack. Only additional cards (when you already have 2 cards) are dealt based on the player’s speed.
One hand with a lot of players LIVE Blackjack
On this type of LIVE Blackjack table you play with a lot of players with only one hand. The difference is you can make a decision independently. For example if a player wants to hit and you want to stand, there will be an additional card but not for you. It allows an unlimited number of players and the minimum bet is around 1 USD/1 EUR. This can be an option if you want to play LIVE Blackjack for very low stakes.
LIVE Blackjack Providers
In most online casinos, LIVE Blackjack games are provided by various software providers. These providers all have different variations of the game available. Of all the software providers, Evolution Gaming and Pragmatic Play are the two biggest. In this section, we shall look at them and some of their games.
LIVE Blackjack Casino Games from Evolution Gaming
Evolution Gaming is the gaming provider with the largest selection of LIVE Blackjack games. These games are properly optimized for the best gaming experience. Some of the available games are:
- Live Blackjack
- Speed Blackjack
- Infinite Blackjack
- Lightning Blackjack
- Free Bet Blackjack
- Power Blackjack
- Salon Prive
- VIP Blackjack
- Blackjack Party
Evolution Gaming LIVE Blackjack games are streamed from their studio in Georgia, Latvia, Romania and Malta. Their games feature high-quality LIVE streaming, and interactive features that allow players to communicate with one another and the live dealer.
LIVE Blackjack Casino Games from Pragmatic Play
Pragmatic Play is one of the most reputable and popular online casino game providers. Their games are available in most licensed online casinos. The LIVE Blackjack casino games from Pragmatic Play are:
- One Blackjack
- LIVE Blackjack
The features of these games include high-quality life streaming, interactive features, side bets and a variety of bet limits.
LIVE Blackjack on Mobile
Most casinos and software providers use HTML5 technology. With this technology, you can enjoy smooth gameplay and realistic graphics on any device. Just be sure to check the compatibility of the LIVE casino game with your device before you start playing. There are some factors that may affect the running of online Blackjack with a real dealer on mobile devices. These factors include:
- The speed of your internet connection. If your connection is slow, the game might lag.
- The size of your screen may affect your ability to see all the cards on the table.
- The mobile device. Some devices may not have the processor to perfectly run the online LIVE Blackjack games smoothly.
Tips for Playing LIVE Blackjack
It is important to know that playing Blackjack with a dealer, like every other casino game, is dependent on luck. It is necessary to understand the game, manage your bankroll, take breaks when needed, and most importantly try to be in profit. Here are some tips that can improve your chances of winning the game:
- Hit on 11 or more and Stand on 17 or more
- Double down on 11 and 10
- Split Aces and 8s
- Do not take insurance
- Don’t be afraid to surrender
Check more tips in our article 8 tips in online Blackjack to improve your odds and win more.
Playing LIVE Blackjack with Cryptocurrency
Playing LIVE Blackjack with cryptocurrency in online casinos offers an alternative payment method to regular ones. Some of the popularly accepted cryptocurrencies include Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin Cash, Litecoin, etc. Here are the important things to note about using cryptocurrency to play Blackjack.
- Cryptocurrency as a payment method: online casinos that accept cryptocurrency allow players to wager, make deposits, and also withdrawals using the accepted cryptocurrencies.
- Security and Anonymity: Cryptocurrency transactions are mostly secure and cannot be counterfeited. Also, the nature of cryptocurrencies keeps players anonymous.
- Bonuses and Promotions: Some casinos have better promotions for players that use cryptocurrency.
- Volatility: Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile, so it’s important to always keep this in mind when using them.
Difference Between Electronic and LIVE Blackjack
|Electronic Blackjack||LIVE Blackjack|
|Interaction is with a digital interface operated by the software algorithm.||Interaction is with another human – the dealer speaks and players can use chat.|
|Electronic Blackjack is faster than LIVE Blackjack. You do not wait for anybody.||LIVE Blackjack is slower than the electronic Blackjack because you need to wait for players’ decisions and dealer to deal cards.|
|Though the graphics can be visually compelling, it doesn’t give the same feeling as the land-based casino.||Aims to replicate the atmosphere of a land-based casino.|
|The betting limits are lower than that of the LIVE Blackjack.||There are higher betting limits available especially on private tables.|
LIVE Blackjack: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is LIVE Blackjack?
LIVE Blackjack is an online casino game that is based on the regular Blackjack rules. However, it is played against a real dealer as opposed to the RNG in Electronic Blackjack.
Is LIVE Blackjack Safe?
Yes, playing LIVE Blackjack is completely safe. It is just as safe as any other casino game. Just ensure that you play with a properly licensed casino.
Can I Play LIVE Blackjack for Free?
Most online casinos will not allow you to play LIVE Blackjack for free. However, a lot of online casinos will allow you to play Electronic Blackjack for free in the demo version. You can use this to test your strategy for the LIVE Blackjack.
Is LIVE Blackjack Rigged?
No, LIVE Blackjack is not rigged. As long as the casino has been duly licensed, you can be confident that the games are fair. Cards are real and are shuffled by a real person without tricks.
Can I Play LIVE Blackjack with the Casino Bonus?
Yes, you can play LIVE Blackjack with a casino bonus. The most common type of bonus that can be used to play LIVE Blackjack is the deposit match bonus. Although wagering contribution is much lower compared to playing slots.