Baccarat is a popular casino card game that is played in casinos worldwide. It is a game where cards are compared between two hands. The hands are the player and the banker. Each round of play has 3 possible outcomes: “player”, “banker” and “tie”. The hand with a total score equal to or closest to 9 wins the round.
With online casinos gaining more popularity by the day, Baccarat has become one of the most played table games. There are different variants of the game from top software providers. In this article, we will explain to you all that you need to know about playing Baccarat in an online Casino.
Table of Contents
3 Easy Steps to Start Playing Baccarat Online
Whether you have experience with Baccarat offline or not, everyone can enjoy this game in online casinos. This is because it is one of the easiest games to play. You can start playing Baccarat in just 3 easy steps:
- Find a Trustable Online Casino
- Register a Playing Account
- Play Electronic Baccarat or LIVE Baccarat
Step 1: Finding A Trustable Online Casino
Trusted casinos have some very important qualities that distinguish them from the rest. The first thing to note is the casino license. For example: Malta Gaming Authority or Curacao gaming commission. If the casino has a license from a reputable institution, then it can be trusted. Other things like casino games catalog, commitment to responsible gambling, banking methods, casino bonuses, and customer support further improve a casino’s reliability. You can check our list of Casinos for the most reliable casinos where you can play online Baccarat.
Step 2: Register an Playing Account
Once you have identified an online casino that you want to join, the next thing is to register a playing account. Registration is a straightforward process.
- Visit the casino website
- Register your playing account
After this, your playing account will be opened and ready for use. Ensure you read the casino terms and conditions. You can also read our how-to-register casino articles.
Step 3: Start Playing Online Baccarat
Finally, once you have successfully registered and verified your new account, you can start playing Baccarat immediately. First, make a deposit if you want to play with real money then go to the casino lobby. Check the casino games catalog, you have the option of playing LIVE Baccarat or Electronic Baccarat. No matter the category you decide to play in, your entertainment is guaranteed.
It is always better to play online LIVE Baccarat because you can have the real experience from a real table with a real dealer. Only playing chips are virtual.
How To Play Baccarat Online
In online casinos, the way Baccarat runs is similar to and quite different from that of land-based casinos. Once you have selected the Baccarat game from the casino lobby, you will be presented with a digital interface of the game on your screen. It comprises a virtual Baccarat table where you can place your bets and a graphical representation of the cards. Here is a step-by-step guide on how to play Baccarat:
- Understand the Basics: The first step to playing Baccarat is understanding the game. You also need to know the card values. Cards 2 to 9 are worth their face values while face cards (King, Queen, and Jack) have a value of 0, and Aces are worth 1.
- Place Bets: Before starting the game, you need to predict the outcome – the player’s hand, the banker’s hand, or a tie. Choose your chip value and place your bet.
- Dealing Cards: Once all bets have been placed, initiate the game by clicking the “Deal” or “Play” button. The software or real dealer will then deal cards for the banker and player. You will see the dealt cards on the screen.
- Hand Evaluation: The point values of the cards are then calculated and this determines the hand total for the player and banker. The total hands will also be displayed on the screen.
- Drawing Additional Cards: Drawing additional cards depends on the predetermined rules. An example could be when the player’s hand has a total of 0-5. In this case, a third card can be drawn. The banker draws an additional hand if its total is 0-2. Other conditions for the banker to draw an additional hand depend on the player’s hand.
- Winning: Once all cards are dealt, the hands total of the player and the banker are compared. The hand with the highest total value equal to or closest to 9 wins the round. Or it ends in a tie if the total value of the player’s hand and the banker’s hand is the same.
- Cashout or Play Another Round: If you win the round, you can decide to cash out your bet or play another round.
Types of Baccarat in Online Casinos
There are two main types of Baccarat in online casino:
- LIVE Online Baccarat
- Electronic (Slot) Baccarat
They differ from each other in gameplay, realism, game speed, bet limits, and some other features.
Online LIVE Baccarat
This is the best type of Baccarat in online casinos. It provides real-time interaction with a real dealer because it is managed by humans. You can communicate with the dealer when playing LIVE online Baccarat in chat and the dealer will talk to you. It tries to imitate Baccarat as it is played in land-based casinos. Here are some examples of the popular LIVE Baccarat casino games and their software providers:
- LIVE Baccarat Squeeze by Evolution
- LIVE Baccarat Control Squeeze by Playtech
- LIVE Baccarat Dragon Tiger by Ezugi
- LIVE Baccarat No Commission by Pragmatic Play
- LIVE Speed Baccarat by Vivo Gaming
Online Electronic (Slot) Baccarat
Electronic Baccarat is the fully computerized version of Baccarat in online casinos. Unlike LIVE Baccarat which is played against humans, electronic baccarat is played against AI or a virtual dealer. The outcome of the game is determined by RNG (Random Number Generators). It uses virtual animations and graphics to simulate the games. Slot Baccarat is faster and offers a wider range of games than LIVE Baccarat. Here are some of the popular electronic online Baccarat in online casinos:
- Online Baccarat Gold by Microgaming
- Online Baccarat Pro by NetEnt
- Online Baccarat Supreme by Play’n GO
- Online Baccarat Control Squeeze by Playtech
- Online Baccarat High Limit by Betsoft
Basic Terms in Baccarat
In the table below are the basic terms used in Baccarat that everyone should know.
|Baccarat||This is the name of the game itself. It is derived from the Italian word – “Baccara” meaning zero.|
|Banker||One of the possible outcomes in the game. Usually used to refer to the banker’s hand.|
|Player||Another outcome of the game. Usually used to refer to the player’s hand.|
|Tie||The third possible outcome of the game. It means the total of the banker’s hand equals that of the player. It can also be referred to as Standoff.|
|Natural||This occurs when the player or banker is initially dealt two cards that equal 8(La Petite) or 9(La Grande). A Natural automatically wins the game or it ends in a tie.|
|Shoe||This is the box or device that is used to keep the deck of playing cards used in Baccarat|
|Cut||The act of dividing the deck of cards after shuffling to determine the starting point of the sharing.|
|Banco||This is the term used to refer to the bank or the house. It also refers to the bet made on the banker’s hand. It is slightly likely to win more.|
|Punto||This is the bet placed on the player’s hand. It has more commission than Banco.|
|Bankroll||This is the total money that a player has set aside to use on gambling. Good bankroll management is very important in Baccarat.|
|Burn||This is the discarding of the first card of the shoe. It is often done to disrupt the order of the cards in case someone wants to cheat.|
|Callman||This is the term used to describe the dealer that “calls” the baccarat game.|
|Commission||This is the amount charged on winning banker bets. It is typically a 5% charge on the total payout.|
|Face Card||This refers to all the cards that are excluded from the game of Baccarat. They are the 10s, Kings, Queens, and Jacks.|
|Down Card||As the name implies, it is a term that is used to describe a card that is facing down.|
|Up Card||This is a term used to describe a card that is facing up.|
|Third Card Rule||This is the rule where either a card is added to the player’s hand or the banker’s hand. It is usually done based on predetermined rules.|
|Hit||This is the term used when requesting an additional playing card during gameplay.|
|Stand||This is the term used to decline an additional playing card during gameplay.|
There are different types of gaming strategies that can be used when playing Baccarat. It is worth noting that these are popular betting strategies but they do not guarantee ways to win. The most important thing is to understand that most casino games are a game of chance. Then, understanding the game you play can be an added advantage. Anyway, these strategies can be also used as roulette strategies to win.
Here are some of the popular strategies that can be used when playing online Baccarat:
- Martingale Strategy: This is the doubling of the bet after every loss. The goal is to recover previous losses and also make some profits. However, this is a very risky strategy as it requires a large bankroll.
- Paroli Strategy: This is almost the direct opposite of the Martingale strategy. It involves increasing your bet after every win. It is essential to know when to stop increasing your bet value because a single loss could be fatal.
- Fibonacci Strategy: This strategy is based on the Fibonacci sequence. In simple terms, it is the sequence where the current number is the sum of the previous 2 numbers. E.g. 10, 10, 20, 30, 50, 80, … Here, you increase your bet after every loss, and when you win, your next bet is the number 2 steps behind your winning bet value.
- Flat Betting Strategy: This is a very conservative strategy where the bet is the same regardless of a win or a loss. The flat betting strategy offers a more sustainable gaming experience. As long as you divide your bankroll properly and stick to it.
- Card Counting Strategy: This is a strategy where players track the ratio of high to low cards in the total deck. Then, they try to use this knowledge to their advantage. This strategy is not very effective in a game of Baccarat because the cards are often shuffled after each hand in the online version.
Baccarat on Mobile
The mobile compatibility of games mostly depends on the casino and the software provider. When HTML5 technology is used, it allows the seamless use of mobile devices to play baccarat. This also allows the use of a normal browser on your mobile phone to play baccarat. Alternatively, some casino and software providers have their mobile apps available. These apps can be downloaded and installed on iOS, Android, and Windows devices. All our online casinos that you can find on our website can be played on mobile.
Online Baccarat Pros and Cons
- The convenience of playing at any time 24/7.
- Wide range of baccarat types to select from.
- Playing Online Baccarat with cryptocurrencies on crypto online casinos allows for privacy and anonymity.
- You can take advantage of the casino promotions and bonuses.
- There is no social interaction when playing.
- Playing Baccarat online requires an internet connection.
- There could be technology glitches.
Final Thoughts about Online Baccarat
Baccarat has become very popular in online casinos, offering players a convenient and accessible way to enjoy the game. This piece has shown the major things you need to know about playing Baccarat online. From opening a casino account to deciding if you want to play LIVE or Electronic Baccarat. Understanding the basic terms used in Baccarat and deciding which strategy to use makes the game more enjoyable in online casinos.
Online Baccarat: Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I Play Baccarat for Free?
Yes, many online casinos are willing to allow you to play Baccarat for free but not LIVE. In other words, you can test Baccarat online on electronic type (slot). This is done to help you learn how to play the game which in turn prepares you for playing with real money.
Are Online Baccarat Games Rigged?
No, online Baccarat games are not rigged. Casinos and software providers use what are called Random Number Generators (RNGs) to determine the outcome of games. This ensures that game outcomes are random and fair.
What is the Best Bet on Baccarat?
There are 3 possible outcomes when playing Baccarat. They are the player’s hand, the banker’s hand, or the tie. The Banker’s hand has a very slight advantage of playing than the player’s hand. It is good to always avoid betting on a tie.
What Makes Up a Winning Hand in Baccarat?
The hand with the closest value to or equal to 9 wins the game. No hand can be valued more than 9. If a hand has 2 cards with values 6 and 8, the total value is 14. Because the total value cannot be more than 9, the value of the hand becomes 4. In the same light, a total value of 16 becomes 6, and so on.
Are there special Betting Strategies to win in Baccarat?
There are quite a number of betting strategies available but non guarantee a win. This is because Baccarat, like most other casino games, is a game of chance.